RSS

Paul McCartney and more Paul McCartney

I was waiting for all concerts to be over to post here, and it's gonna be a huge post... But... Let's go...

It was AMAZING... Nothing really left to say besides that, everything is else is gonna be redundant...I'm gonna talk about everything regarding the show here, illustrating with pictures as we go, if you want to see them full size, just click on them :) I've made a lot of videos too, but I still don't know what I'm gonna do with them, so I'll let you know!
All Set lists I mention are further down... Let's start from the beginning then... 

The first day was the 21st November, a very beautiful day, it didn't rain and it wasn't too hot, so it was bearable to wait for all the hours we were supposed to.
We arrived at something around 12:30, once inside (it didn't take that long) we received all our souvenirs which included a bag, a cap, the tour book and a badge, besides the two bracelets indicating that we belonged to the "Hot Sound Package", which meant we had sound check access and to the "Pista Prime"   section during the show, the area of the field right in front of the stage. 
We were then lead to a room where we were served lunch, the same vegetarian meal all his crew is served. It was really good, I'm not a vegetarian, but it was a very sophisticated meal with exquisite food, which included green salad with nuts, artichoke and palm cabbage risotto, cheese and leek quiche and brie conchiglione, with chocolate mousse and fruit salad for dessert.
After a while we were able to leave this room and position ourselves in the area we would watch the sound check. It was between the "pista prime" and "pista" sections of the stadium. It was not that close, but we had a pretty good view! He arrived a bit late, but he was able to play around 10 songs, it was great, it was a very relaxing atmosphere very informal, many jokes and all, Penny Lane was a request from the audience and he even joked "I don't know if I remember that one, but let's try!"... Beautiful! The better was that from all the songs he played only one was meant to be on the show's set list, all the others were bonus!
We were then "released" to go to the "pista prime" section and position ourselves for the show... The show that was still 4 hours away, but it didn't matter, we were right in front of his mic! A perfect place! The rest of the people who were waiting to come into the stadium were then led inside...
After 4 hours and punctually at 21:30 the show started! OMG! What an incredible performance, I don't know how he manages to sing for 3 whole hours straight!
I think Paul really enjoying performing this particular concert. He looked touched several times, he thanked the audience many many times and said things as "Ooo Sao Paulo, you are something!" "This song we like people to sing along... but... You are singing every song along, so, let's go!"... Everybody sang a lot during songs, which made him joke back, and we had many moments of interactions and little jokes because of that, we teased him and he responded! He also kept trying to say things in Portuguese, so cute! He made them sound pretty good, amazing! And several long sentences! Congratulations Sir Paul!
Give Peace a Chance was the most special moment regarding Paul-public interaction... We organised per Internet that everybody should bring white balloons to wave, and it worked! The stadium was covered with white balloons, so beautiful! I was really in front of him and I could see that he opened his eyes in an amazed expression when all those people started putting their balloons up, then he looked at Brian, who clearly mouthed "wow" at him! And suddenly the screens weren't showing the band, but a lot of white balloons floating... Beautiful! When the song ended and he went to the piano he kept saying "Thank you! That was beautiful! Thank you! Beautiful!" (*I've read a message from a woman that was standing next to Paul's production staff, and she started talking to one of them, who kept saying how amazing that was, that they have traveled around the world and never saw anything like that and etc... Pretty touching to hear, isn't it?)
The set list was wonderful, but that goes without saying, once it's Beatles' and Paul's songs... Here Today was beautiful... And Something, with George's photographs at the back... So, well, beautiful. I loved that they played Paperback Writer and Helter Skelter, some of my favourite songs, and the ending, besides sad, was just perfect. I cried when Sgt. Pepper's Reprise started... And the Beatles Rock Band video playing in the back! Wonderful! The show was perfect! Everything! And the place were we stood, just the best place of all 64,000 people who were there!


The 22nd November was a rainy day... This time I was standing in "arquibanca especial vermelha" section of the stadium, so I was able to get there a bit later (thank God! I was still tired from the day before!) and I was able to buy a T-shirt! It's far, but we have a good view of the whole, which was very interesting for a second day, after all, on the first day, it was us in the front and him, nobody else, now it's the whole stadium, we could see everybody and everything and yes, full house again, besides the rain!
Another good aspect of going to both concerts was the set list, out of the 35 songs he sang on the 21st, 4 he didn't sing on the 22nd, but he sang other 5. (I'm guessing that this one song was to compensate for the time, this show was going to end sooner than the one from the day before because there weren't all that playing and teasing...). He opened with Magical Mystery Tour instead of Venus and Mars / Rockshow (But Magical Mystery Tour he played in the Sound check), he sang Got to Get You Into My Life instead of Drive My Car, I'm Looking Through You instead of I've Just Seen a Face, Two of Us instead of And I Love Her and he played Bluebird (which he also played in the sound check). Great!
I'm so thrilled I got to go to both concerts and that I went to sound check and "pista prime" on the first day, because of the rain the sound check of the second show was cancelled and with all that rain it was going to be really annoying to be waiting for the show.


IN A NUTSHELL: JUST PERFECT!!!

Sound check set list: (I don't remember everything)
1. Hi Ho Silver
2. Honey Don't
3. Magical Mystery Tour
4. Penny Lane
5. Birthday
6. Flaming Pie
7. C Moon
8. Something from Rolling Stones
9. Things We Said Today
10. Dance Tonight


21st November set list:
1. Venus and Mars / Rockshow
2. Jet
3. All My Loving
4. Letting Go
5. Drive My Car
6. Highway
7. Let Me Roll It
8. The Long And Winding Road
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
10. Let ‘Em In
11. My Love
12. I’ve Just Seen A Face
13. And I Love Her
14. Blackbird
15. Here Today
16. Dance Tonight
17. Mrs. Vandebilt
18. Eleanor Rigby
19. Something
20. Sing The Changes
21. Band on the Run
22. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
23. Back In The USSR
24. I’ve Got A Feeling
25. Paperback Writer
26. A Day In The Life / Give Peace A Chance
27. Let It Be
28. Live And Let Die
29. Hey Jude
Encore:
30. Day Tripper
31. Lady Madonna
32. Get Back
Second Encore: 
33. Yesterday
34. Helter Skelter
35. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) / The End



22nd November set list:
1. Magical Mystery Tour
2. Jet
3. All My Loving
4. Letting Go
5. Got To Get You Into My Life
6. Highway
7. Let Me Roll It
8. The Long And Winding Road
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
10. Let ‘Em In
11. My Love
12. I’m Looking Through You
13. Two Of Us
14. Blackbird
15. Here Today
16. Bluebird
17. Dance Tonight
18. Mrs. Vandebilt
19. Eleanor Rigby
20. Something
21. Sing The Changes
22. Band On The Run
23. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
24. Back In The USSR
25. I’ve Got A Feeling
26. Paperback Writer
27. A Day In The Life / Give Peace A Chance
28. Let It Be
29. Live And Let Die
30. Hey Jude
Encore:
31. Day Tripper
32. Lady Madonna
33. Get Back
Second Encore:
34. Yesterday 
35. Helter Skelter
36. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) / The End

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment